By now (especially, if you have followed me for a while) may know that I absolutely have an addiction for stripes. Not just any stripes, but blue/white specifically.
For many years, I have loved the fashion sense of Kate Middleton (Duchess of Cambridge). Even trailing back to the late Princess Diana, I have been in awe. Lately, my fashion interest of the Royal Family has increased to another favorite member: Meghan Markle.
Now, I can honestly say my love for pencil skirts and trying to reconfigure my business wardrobe has mostly been influenced by Meghan’s character (Rachel) in the show, Suits. I’m so addicted! No spoilers on the new season as I have to wait for it to appear on Amazon Prime. Fast forward to her even more classy, elegant, simple, chic, as part of the Royal family and interest has increased even more.
There is something about Meghan that draws me in. It could be her personality, her kind spirit, her boldness of wanting to make a difference in so many ways, and the fact that she seems genuine all around. If we ever met, I think we would be really good friends. This statement felt even more true when I saw one of her recent outfits during a tennis tournament in Wimbledon (July) in which she attended. Take a guess at what drew my eye…stripes!
Yes, I can say that I felt we were twin spirits because her top was very identical to one that I purchased from Banana Republic. I will say for the record, that I first flaunted my top back in May. So, who copied who?
Never the less, I knew she was awesome and the moment I saw her wearing stripes…she became my secret, long-distance bestie for the restie. This is a look that will never go out of style and I’m so happy that we were both able to rock it. I think she would be proud.
View my look below in how you can style up a striped top. For those who are nervous about wearing stripes…don’t be. Hope these photos give you inspiration that you can be able to pair this look for a very casual outing or running errands around town. Comment below and let me know your thoughts on both of these looks!
ITEMS FEATURED ON ME:
- Blouse: Banana Republic “Parker Tunic-Fit Stripe Utility Shirt”
- Shorts: Banana Republic “Roll up medium wash 6″ denim short”
- Shoes: Sperry’s “Boat shoe”
- Watch: Coach “Women’s Tatum Gray Ion-Plated Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch 34mm 14502597”
- Crossbody: Michael Kors
- Earrings: 14th & Union (Nordstrom Rack) “Gold – Circle Stud Earrings”
- Sunglasses: Gucci “Web Aviator” Green/Red/Green
ITEMS FEATURED ON MEGHAN:
- Blouse: “striped cotton shirt” Ralph Lauren
- Trousers: “Charmain silk wide-leg pant” Ralph Lauren
- Handbag: Altuzarra “Ghianda” saddle bag
- Straw Hat: Maison Michel “Virginie” Ivory
- Sunglasses: Illesteva “Leonard”