When one thinks of a puffer coat, we imagine an unattractive coat that is hard to incorporate into our personal style. Aside from the warmth, it can often clash an outfit. However, lately I have found puffer jackets to have immensely improved that it has become almost a staple piece and becomes the focus of an outfit.
I came across this cute coat by Vince Camuto. What drew me in the most, aside from the color, is the fact that it has a nice shape. It doesn’t make one look super flat and the extra zip up within the center offers a chic and unique look. I will definitely say a puffer coat is a must-have in your wardrobe during the winter season.
I have found myself that I can have a simple shirt underneath, and wearing this coat just takes it to a whole new level. The faux fur around the hood provides a sophisticated look. This also comes in handy during the times I feel a bit “lazy” to dress up; and I can have it zipped up and still look like I’m put together.
A few things to keep in mind when searching for a puffer coat:
- The Length – some come knee-length and others a little below the waist. Each one can tremendously change your look.
- The Color – does it compliment your tone? Be realistic if the color you like is one you will consistently wear.
- The Shape – some puffer coats can be a bit shapeless and don’t accentuate the waist. Look for one that has a belt around or one that already has the waist area curved in.
- The Fur- this adds such a stylish touch around the hood. Kudos if you can find one that provides the option to remove the faux fur to have more of a less winter look and lean more towards a casual look.
- The Neckline – a pop around the collar can also accentuate your neckline and make it look longer.