It’s officially 2019. I am so ready to conquer this year that I am building a list of things to do within the first week. The difficult part is to narrow it all down.
It’s funny how the moment we wake up somehow there is a different feel in the air. Not much is different from the morning before, but there is that extra special something on the first day of a new year. The day was absolutely beautiful, cool and crisp, but the sun shined brighter than ever.
The more I looked up at the sky and just stood in silence, the more I felt peace and hope. Silence can be a beautiful and powerful thing. I challenge you to just take a moment, step outside, stand or sit in silence, and just take in the beauty around you.
I want 2019 to be filled with hope, positivity, health, adventures, memorable moments, laughter and internal peace. Let’s take a look back at the memorable moments that touched my life throughout 2018. Thank you all for your support and looking forward to continuing this journey together.
Never stop fighting and never stop dreaming.
Happy New Year!
- A Visit from Australia – I got to meet up with one of my good friend’s, Ruth, who came to visit from Australia. It was a wild night! Nuff said.
- New Camera – I finally purchased the camera of my dreams (Canon Rebel T6i). It has been my true sidekick throughout the year with photos and video.
- Ponzi Vineyards – I needed to take a break and what a great way than to spend the day at one of my favorite vineyards.
- Company Retirement Party – Back in the day, women were never allowed inside this Gentlemen’s club. Obviously, over the years the rules changed. Beautiful details though.
- Friend’s Baby Shower – I had such a great time at one of my friend’s first baby shower. When it came down to the baby food tasting, all I can say is that if it looks like chocolate pudding…it ain’t. Nasty Sh*t.
- Puerto Rican Food – I have never had Puerto Rican food in my life. I can definitely say one needs to go on an empty stomach and I thought the food was never going to end. Super delicious!
- Portland State University – I never thought I’d step food on a school campus again and I absolutely enjoyed the feeling of being a student again. The first of the many classes towards obtaining my Digital Marketing certificate. I met a lot of great people.
- Champagne Gummi Bears – Life changing. I’m actually eating a few of these as I’m writing this post.
- Golf Course Lunch – I’m not much of a golfer…actually, I’m not a golfer. Honestly, I’m not a fan of golf. I will say that I’m a fan of the food and the view that comes with it.
- St. Patty’s Glow In The Dark – It has been a few year’s since I went out for St. Patrick’s Day. Just the idea of getting drunk never appealed to me…but the idea of music and dancing is always great. If you can glow while doing it, even better.
- Tilikum Crossing – Ever since this bridge was built, I had so badly wanted to venture and cross it. It took a couple of years by the time I finally made it happen. You know what? It was totally last-minute and unplanned. I love those kinds of moments.
- Cousin – I was super excited when my cousin came to visit. It was long overdue and hoping I’ll get to see her again soon!
- Sazan Hendrix – One of my favorite influencers’ who I’ve been following since 2013/2014. When her lipstick collab with Bobbi Brown launched, I was so ecstatic! I became even more thrilled when she featured me in her Insta Stories numerous times!
- Birthday – This birthday in itself was a weird one. It was one in which I needed to get away for a bit (took a mini trip to the coast), one which contained so much food, and also one where sadness just filled the air.
- Hot Air Balloon – This was on my bucket list for years and I decided to use my birthday as the reason to cross this off my list. It was so worth it!
- Drive Around the Countryside – When it isn’t the coast, there is no other place more peaceful than the countryside. Drove around, ate some food, looked at plants and picked up some honey along the way.
- Cornell Farm House – The first of many brunch meet ups with one of my favorite friends. I love this place and it always makes me feel like I’m not in Oregon.
- Multnomah Falls – Met up with my childhood bestie and ate breakfast at Multnomah Falls. Their Huckleberry Pancakes are legit and the only item I order there. It’s so worth the drive and the view isn’t too shabby either.
- Chicago – It was my first time in Chicago. Though it was a business trip, I tried to squeeze in a few memorable shots. This was also the first time I ever ate a deep dish pizza. Total game changer.
- Friend’s Birthday – Celebrated the evening with one of my closest friend’s before she took off to Virginia to pursue her MBA.
- Andrea Bocelli – A total legend. What an incredible voice and definitely an artist you must see at least once in your life.
- Seattle Bloggers Brunch – Met up with some amazing blogger babes and created friendships along the way. Looking forward to hanging out again soon. Seattle Trip – Spring 2019.
- Phantom of the Opera – I had always wanted to see this production and it was amazing! The chandelier was spectacular and I did not expect it would drop just a few feet above the crowd.
- Surgery – A very unexpected surgery took place, but all is good. Who doesn’t enjoy a good wake up call?
- Italy – By far my most anticipated trip of the year. Since 2006, it had been long over due and this time around was better than the first. I traveled to Milan, Florence, Venice, Rome, and Lake Como.
- Los Angeles (West Hollywood) – Another business trip and this time around I not only networked, but created new friendships as well. I also tried to make sure I snuck in some amazing photos, but I will say that I achieved my ultimate bucket list of all time…getting my own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Bend, OR – I took one of a few trips down to Bend and I absolutely loved it! The drive was peaceful and I didn’t realize that Redmond was so close to Smith Rock! (my favorite hiking/camping place of all time). Bend reminded me a lot of Colorado…Boulder in particular.
- Kate’s Birthday – My best friend’s daughter turned 5 and I drove to Hood River to celebrate the cute milestone. It literally didn’t feel too long ago that I was eating pizza during her 1st birthday.
- Halloween Salsa Party – I have come to the conclusion that I will never learn how to dance Salsa. Mostly because I like my space and freedom (it’s hard for me to dance with a partner). Also, it’s just too complicated for me, but I will say that when you add a touch of Halloween into the mix, it can be quite entertaining.
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan – For those who watch The Walking Dead, you will know Negan who is the best villain of all time! I have a huge crush on this man and he literally took my breath away when he liked and commented on my Halloween photo. Hot Diggity Dog!
- Portland State University Certificate – I finally completed my certificate. I would have finished in April, but it was Quarter End at work and I wasn’t allowed to take any time off during that month. However, it was nice to finish it in the Fall. I will be taking the bonus class to this in the Winter.
- Holiday Blogger Brunch – It was nice to keep the holiday tradition that began last year. I am looking forward to many more!
- Louis Vuitton Holiday Party – My favorite part about the Holiday Season is that all the private parties are happening. It was fun to be invited to LV’s Holiday Party. Looking forward to the next ones!
- Company Christmas Party – I couldn’t wait to attend our company’s holiday party. However, I didn’t expect it would be in the dark. When I arrived, the electricity was out and the light’s didn’t come back on until 15 minutes before the party was over. Also, legend has it the mansion in which was the party was held was haunted. Coincidence?
- Singing Christmas Tree – I needed to squeeze in a little Christmas production and came across this within the newspaper. I asked a few others about it and they said it was amazing. My personal opinion…I didn’t like it. I wasn’t a fan. But, have to try things at least once in order to know.
- New Car – Literally the first day of December (the morning I was planning to get my Christmas tree), my car decided to give its last heart beat…for the moment until I get the situation resolved/fixed. This only meant I had to gift myself an early Christmas present. Nothing like a pair of new wheels to end the year.
- Instagram Giveaway Page (Co-Admin) – What a great way to end the year than collaborating with others. I’m super excited to partner up with a blogger babe and bring to you all some amazing giveaways! Be sure to follow our page and stay informed of our upcoming giveaways!